In Greece, sage has been traditionally used more as a herbal remedy and less as food seasoning, but its bold taste is perfect for rich meats and buttery sauces. As with most herbs, the dry climate, the high altitudes and abundance of sunshine in Greece enhance the fragrance and flavor. Greek sage is beautifully aromatic and can be used either in cooking or as a herbal infusion.
- 100% natural product; no additives, artificial ingredients, flavors and preservatives
- Grown and harvested sustainably
- Air-dried, selected and packaged by hand, to ensure quality and minimal processing
- Can also be enjoyed as a beverage by steeping a teaspoon quantity of herb in boiling hot water and infuse for 10-12 minutes
- 40g (1.41oz) bag
- Per the European Medicines Agency, pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before consuming herbal teas
- Sage contains thujone, a ketone that if consumed in large quantities may cause side effects and liver damage. With sage tea this would mean dozens of liters per day, or even more, but still it's good to know!