Preserved fruits or Glyka Tou Koutaliou (Spoon Sweets), are the most iconic treat in Greek culture. The fruit is preserved when slightly underripe (whole or in pieces) in a syrup of sugar and lemon juice. There’s no lighter or more satisfying way to end a meal than a few pieces of sirupy fruit on creamy Greek yogurt, ice cream, or on its own to balance a cup of strong coffee. Quinces have been used in Greek cuisine since ancient times. Their sour taste and tough texture requires cooking, so preserving them in syrup truly elevates their flavor and creates a spoon sweet with a remarkable taste and texture.
- 100% natural, without any preservatives or additives
- Made by a small family business using their own traditional recipe
- Fruit is selected from the best producing regions in Greece
- A guilt free, delicious dessert without fat, gluten, or dairy
- Ingredients: quince 55%, water, sugar, lemon juice
- 450g (15.8oz) glass jar