Preserved fruits or Glyka Tou Koutaliou (Spoon Sweets), are the most iconic treat in Greek culture. The ancient Greeks used honey to preserve quinces, instilling a centuries-old tradition of fruit preservation in the sun-kissed lands of Greece. The fruit is preserved when slightly underripe (whole or in pieces) in a syrup of sugar and lemon juice. There’s no lighter or more satisfying way to end a meal than a few pieces of sirupy fruit on creamy Greek yogurt, ice cream, or on its own to balance a cup of strong coffee. Sour cherry, with its deep scarlet color and intense flavor, is one of the most prized spoon sweets because its natural tartness counterbalances the sweetness of the syrup that preserves the fruit.
- 100% natural, without any preservatives or additives
- Made by a small family business using their own traditional recipe
- Made with handpicked sour cherries from the Mount Pelion region
- A guilt free, delicious dessert without fat, gluten, or dairy
- Ingredients: sour cherries 55%, water, sugar, lemon juice
- 450g (15.8oz) glass jar