Sugar and fruit is all it takes to make jam, but that doesn’t mean that all jams are created equal. The quality and the amount of fruit used in jam production makes all the difference. Commercial brands commonly use additives like pectin, glucose, or artificial extracts. Chrysso Milo traditional jams are exceptional because they are 100% natural and contain more than 75% fruit. Bilberries, a.k.a European blueberries are juicier and softer than their American counterparts, so more difficult to transport and commercialize. In Greece, bilberries grow in the wild and are handpicked for jam making mostly.
- Made with handpicked fresh bilberries and grape juice in the region of Mount Pelion
- No pectin, glucose, colorings, artificial extracts or preservatives
- Produced by a small business using their family recipes since 1978
- More fruit means less sugar/grape juice and more intense, fruity taste
- Ingredients: bilberry 75%, concentrated grape juice, lemon juice
- 250g (8.8 oz) glass jar