There are dozens of halva varieties among Mediterranean cultures, and halva made with tahini is one of the most iconic confections in traditional grocery stores in Greece and the Levant. Athanassios Matis was likely the first to produce tahini based halva in mainland Greece, when he brought his craft to Trikala from his home of Aivali, in Asia Minor in 1898. Matis Halva with Cocoa has a soft, fudge-like texture and rich, toasted-sesame flavor, laced with dark chocolate and the nutritional value of tahini.
- Handmade and prepared according to the Matis family recipe since 1898
- Palm-oil free
- Vegan and gluten free
- Contains sesame seeds. May contain traces of tree nuts and peanuts. Made in a facility that handles dairy.
- Ingredients: tahini (ground sesame seeds) 52%, glucose - fructose syrup, dark chocolate (cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanillin) 10%, shea tree oil, emulsifier, saponarinae root extract, vanillin
- Nutrition facts per 1.7oz serving: 265 cals, total fat 17g (of which 4g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0g cholesterol), total carbs 23.1g (of which 14.5g added sugar), protein 7.1g, sodium 3mg.
- Store in a cool, dry place
- 7oz boxed tray