Made from ground toasted sesame seeds, tahini has been a staple of Mediterranean cuisines for centuries. The Matis family brought the craft of stone milling sesame to Trikala, Greece from Aivali in Asia Minor in 1898 and have been producing best quality tahini since then. Combining the nutritious value of its unsweetened equivalent with intense chocolate flavor and a smooth, creamy texture, tahini with cocoa really is the best of both worlds. Enjoy it on bread, waffles, pancakes, with fruit, or straight from the jar!
Matis tahini is made from highest quality hulled sesame and is palm oil-free
- Rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and omega-6 fatty acids. Tahini also contains sesamin and sesamolin, compounds that have been shown lower cholesterol in humans.
- Among commonly used nuts and seeds, sesame is the highest source of anti-inflammatory and immunity boosting phytosterols.
- Tahini doesn't need to be refrigerated, especially if you prefer a smooth texture. Store in a dry place, away from heat.
- Sesame oil separation is a natural process in preservative-free tahini. Stir well before using. If the product sits for a long time, the bottom part will solidify. You can re-emulsify it in a food processor, or with an immersion blender.
- Ingredients: tahini 64%, brown sugar, skim cocoa 8%, shea tree oil, soy lecithin (emulsifier), flavoring.
- Nutrition facts per 1 tbs serving (15g): 95 kcals, 8g fat (of which 1.6g saturated), carbohydrates 2.6g (of which sugars 2.6g), fiber 1.1g, proteins 3g, sodium 0g
- May contain traces of nuts and peanuts. Made in a facility that handles dairy products
- 15oz glass jar