Matis 100% Natural Whole Sesame Tahini
Regular price Sale price $7.29
Unit price / per
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Made from ground toasted sesame seeds, tahini has been a staple of Mediterranean cuisines for centuries. Its versatility and nutritious value have made it popular among western cooks, too. The Matis family brought the craft of stone milling sesame to Trikala, Greece from Aivali in Asia Minor in 1898. Whole tahini is made from unhulled sesame and contains the whole seed. Matis tahini has a rich, nutty flavor; smooth, creamy texture and an abundance of nutritious ingredients and tasty uses. Enjoy tahini as a spread, dip or condiment. Make your own hummus, add it in sauces and dressings, use it in baking recipes, or swirl it on toasted bread as we do in Greece; topped with honey and cinnamon.
- 100% natural food, without any additives or preservatives
- Rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and omega-6 fatty acids. Tahini also contains sesamin and sesamolin, compounds that have been shown lower cholesterol in humans.
- Among commonly used nuts and seeds, sesame is the highest source of anti-inflammatory and immunity boosting phytosterols.
- Matis tahini is made from highest quality hulled sesame and is palm oil-free
- Tahini doesn't need to be refrigerated, especially if you prefer a smooth texture. Store in a dry place, away from heat.
- Sesame oil separation is a natural process in preservative-free tahini. Stir before using. If the product sits for a long time, the bottom part will solidify. You can re-emulsify it in a food processor, or with an immersion blender.
- Ingredients: 100% whole sesame seeds
- Nutrition facts per serving (1 tbs - 15g): 96.8 kcals, 8.33g fat (of which 1.37g saturated), carbohydrates 3.4g (of which sugars 0g), fiber 1.8g, proteins 2.6g, sodium 0g
- May contain traces of nuts and peanuts. Made in a facility that handles dairy products
- 15oz glass jar