Preserved fruits or Glyka Tou Koutaliou (Spoon Sweets), are the most iconic treat in Greek culture. The fruit is preserved when slightly underripe (whole or in pieces) in a syrup of sugar and lemon juice. Walnuts are picked late May every year, while still green and soft, to produce one of the most exquisite spoon sweets. Be prepared for a pleasant surprise when the hefty bite bursts tenderly in your mouth to reveal a layered, aromatic sweetness. Slice and serve as a topping over ice cream, Greek yogurt, granola, or cheesecake. Enjoy on its own for a light, yet truly satisfying treat .
- 100% natural, without any preservatives or additives
- Made by a small family business using their own traditional recipe
- Fruit is selected from the best producing regions in Greece
- A guilt free, delicious dessert without fat, gluten, or dairy
- Ingredients: walnut 55%, water, sugar, lemon juice
- 450g (15.8oz) glass jar